The Associate Director -Software Engineering Specialist is seen as an expert in 1 or more technologies within the software engineering field:
- Act as Dev lead for an entire release
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to interpret requirements across the entire application
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide high level estimates at the application level
- Author technical design documents for significant application modules
- Take ownership of Business Missions/Epics and stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with them.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects; use expertise to help others fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients. Show expertise when communicating with clients via email and phone regarding these defects.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Provide input to continuously improve our engineering practices
- Conduct training sessions and knowledge sharing across the teams.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master as a plus.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented designing and programming.
- 7+ years' professional software development experiences on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Known to be an expert in one or more technologies; sought out for advice in the area(s).
- Proficient in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong skills in unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Strong knowledge of SOA and Web standards
- Quickly learns new technologies; is motivated to learn latest technologies and share this knowledge with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a stream, but focus is engineering rather than line management
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical and problem solving skills
- Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Consistently displays good presentation skills
- Expert in Development tools: Visual Studio.
- Expert in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows.
- Expert in Application Servers: IIS.
- Competent in Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Linq, JQuery, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Competent in Others: Jira, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.