this position is a key contributor to creating excellence in collateral and editorial standards for Moody's Analytics. This role will help establish standards for collateral creation, and help create templates and best practice. They will work with our operating units to optimize material either by creating collateral to commission/request, or by optimizing material originating in the operating unit.
They will liaise with external communications team in drafting copy for external media, such as press releases, placed interviews and op-eds etc, as required. They will work closely with the brand team on optimum style, length etc for various collateral formats.
- Works with Business Operating Units liaison and central marketing team to execute collateral as required:
- Writes or edits brochure content; regularly updates brochure content.
- Writes product-related web-page marketing content.
- Writes collateral including flyers, customer-facing Q&As/explainers, product-related video scripts and other how-to materials.
- Writes/edits content required for sponsorship/partnership packages such as web-ad/banner copy, print-ad copy, webinar and event promotional summaries, audience-specific boilerplates, biographies, sponsored advertorials and awards entries, etc.
- Checks copy drafted by Business Operating Units and/or central marketing, or other teams:
- Checks spelling and grammar.
- Checks for legal risk, liaising with legal team as appropriate.
- Checks for adherence to house style and tone of voice.
- Re-drafts copy to maximize accessibility and engagement.
- Checks brand and formatting issues in collaboration with design colleagues.
- Is skilled in simple communication and writes in plain English
- Experienced, adaptable copy editor and writer with experience working on technical and specialist commercial content.
- Confident and accurate copy editor with some knowledge of media law and of regulated marketing materials.
- IT/software skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (and ideally InDesign).
- Knowledge of business, finance, data technology and risk management.
- Comfortable working within corporate guidelines.
- Flexible in response to business needs.
- Team-focused and collaborative, self-motivated and positive.
- Enthusiasm for fighting fincrime, including money-laundering, fraud, modern slavery and environmental crime; interest in data science, data platforms, AI and technological advancement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Competencies & Behaviors
The following are the key leadership behaviors required for the role:
- Drives Result & Alignment
- Translates strategy into actionable goals; focuses team on critical priorities to achieve success; Is accountable.
- Thinks and acts with "one Moody's" mindset; breaks down silos and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the business.
- Creates internal and external relationships to drive innovation; leverages insights and best practices to benefit the business.
- Leads Change
- Seizes opportunities to innovate and continuously improve.
- Demonstrates courage to drive transformational change.
- Demonstrates Agility
- Challenges the status quo.
- Makes decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information.
- Fosters smart risk taking while maintaining high integrity.
- Is Authentic
- Is self-aware; listens; understands impact on others.
- Displays humility and a winning spirit; never gives up.
- Develops Talent
- Attracts, develops and shares high caliber talent.
- Creates an inclusive culture by building trust, transparency and belonging.
- Delegates effectively and empowers the team
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.