The individual will be responsible for a portfolio of SSEA based companies rated by Moody's. The role will involve ongoing analysis of the credit profile of rated projects and corporates in the infrastructure and power/utilities spaces within SSEA and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the operating environment and sectors. It is expected the individual hired will have the capability to manage client relationships at a very senior level and be able to write comprehensive and thought provoking research on individual companies/projects and industry sectors. The role requires frequent interaction with investors, intermediaries and issuers, and managing assigned relationships. An ability to confidently interact with outside parties is therefore a prerequisite for this role.
- Conducting credit research and writing credit reports, special comments and outlooks for companies and industry sectors.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for companies and broader industry sectors.
- Interacting with senior company executives, investors, intermediaries and press/media.
- Build and maintain high profile relationships with investors, issuers, regulators and other market participants.
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in rating committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Present confidently and with insight in public forum Moody's research, credit opinions on relevant corporate, project and infrastructure topics.
- Work closely with senior Moody's managers and mentor more junior analysts.
- Collaborate effectively and in a highly collegiate fashion with other team members and other analytical teams within Moody's
- Graduate in finance, corporate finance, accounting, economics or related discipline with postgraduate qualifications an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience preferably analyzing the corporate, project and infra sectors, likely with experience in another financial institution or major research house.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Understanding of complex transaction structures, with exposure to documentation review.
- Strong organizational skills with sound judgment.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with public speaking experience ideal. Previous experience writing research in either an equity or credit market context would be advantageous.
- Has a proactive/"can do" approach to work, with a track record of demonstrating initiative and strong teamwork.
- Exercises sound judgement: capable of developing an independent opinion and defending own views.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a mature and balanced personality, with the ability to build strong professional relationships, manage complex client interactions, and represent the Moody's brand at a senior management level.
- Is highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Produces work to a high standard, with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.