The Fidelity Institutional Technology, Database Center of Excellence (COE), requires a highly proficient and highly motivated Senior Database Administrator with good technical skills to support meaningful mission critical database platforms. This position would provide an excellent opportunity to work on leading database technologies like Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL, Snowflake etc. It is an outstanding place to experience & learn end to end DBA service capabilities!
This role requires a service mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned. Provides enormous opportunity to learn groundbreaking technologies like machine learning!
The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent
- 6+ years working in Oracle DBA with Exadata and RAC expertise
- 3+ years of experience in Postgres DBA support
- 2+ years of DBA experience in other DBMS systems (MariaDB , SQL Server and Snowflake) is helpful
- 2+ years working with Distributed replication technologies (Oracle Goldengate, EDB Replication, etc), preferred but not mandatory
- 2+ years experience in the Mutual Fund /Financial Services industry is helpful
- 2+ years in Cloud (AWS/OCI/Azure)
The Value You Deliver
- 6+ experience in Oracle RAC database administration across multiple platforms -- Linux and Engineered systems.
- Experience with cloud databases platforms (AWS/Azure certification is preferred), on both Linux and Windows environments
- 3+ involvement in Postgres database administration across multiple platforms -- Linux and Cloud.
- Experience in setting up, installing and managing multisite databases using Oracle replication technologies
- Skills in SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control (OEM 12c), Strong Linux shell scripting, and writing database monitoring jobs in PL/SQL.
- Proven capability to work well in a team setting, as well as maintaining a flexible mentality are a must
- Ability to develop and drive database administration strategies and initiatives as per the needs of our team
- Perform applications database administration (Oracle) services including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, development support & Engineering.
- Proactively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts
- Provide database support in all phases of SDLC and agile experience is preferred
- Participate in 24X7 on call rotation schedule for various production support, database maintenance, housekeeping and installs
- Work with enterprise teams for Systems Administrators, Cyber Security and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation demands
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Strong time management skills with willingness and ability to prioritize multiple projects/initiatives at the same time
- Self-motivated withstrongteam, interpersonal and communication skills
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients
- Write clear, concise, well coordinated documentation that is technical to maintain standards and procedures
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.