Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all meaningful to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves expertly. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
The Consumer Analytics team at Ally is responsible for supporting various lines of business across Ally, such as Deposits, Invest, Mortgage, Lending, and Auto, along with shared services like Finance, Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Data to Intelligence and Digital Transformation.
We are dedicated to providing data-driven insights and solutions to support customer-centric strategy, operational efficiency, and profitability across lines of business at Ally.
The Senior Director – Consumer Product Analytics will report to the Head of Consumer Analytics as a senior leader with industry leading expertise in consumer and product analytics. The incumbent will have outstanding track record of successfully communicating and implementing solutions for impactful and dynamic consumer insights. With a passion for leading and developing high-performing teams, this senior leader will also have exceptional communication, collaboration and influencing skills while leading with high energy and low ego.
The Work Itself:
- Build and lead a high-performing team of Data Scientists and Business Analysts in the application of statistics, mathematics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, and simulation to explore structured and unstructured data, recognize patterns and trends, and make value-add data discoveries and insights to support Ally’s strategic priorities
- Serve as advisor across the organization, providing internal leadership and evangelism of data analytics function at all levels of the company, including C-Suite.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional leaders and stakeholders to understand their business needs and how they can be supported with the best use of data-driven insights
- Lead the efforts to research and analyze data from multiple sources including internal as well as 3rd party data in order to deliver effective and holistic business insights
- Regularly share data-driven insights with management and provides recommendations on “best in class” approaches to leverage data in support of business objectives
- Ensure data best practices are followed and play a critical role in building the data-informed culture at Ally
The Skills You Bring:
- Lead analytics product development aiming for generate deeper customer insights, in support of business priorities
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Ally IT, providing them input and direction in their data sourcing efforts and ensure analytics PoC projects are scaled up efficiently and effectively into production
- Masters/BS/BA degree in STEM related field (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or with equivalent years of industry experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in business intelligence, consumer data solutions, or consumer data strategy roles, preferably within financial services industry
- 5+ years of experience in managing and mentoring data science and business analytics teams
- 5+ year of experience in building efficient data processing pipelines in support of analytics product development for enterprise-grade analytical systems
- Deep technical background with a MS or PhD in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related hard science, social science, or engineering field with a quantitative focus, such as computer science or engineering, physics, chemistry or sociology
- 5+ years of experience in gathering data requirements for statistical, econometric, predictive analytics research that drives market research/consumer analytics product innovation and implementation; handling large volumes of structured and unstructured data; Python and its libraries, SQL, Spark, SAS or R, all via a Cloud-based platform
- Familiar with industry-leading data visualization tools such as Power BI and Looker
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at
. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.