The Role / Responsibilities:
As a Data Analyst-Data Governance, you will be responsible for performing and enabling standard reporting on data quality for Moody's Corporation. The Data Analyst ensures that data quality, as defined by Data Owners, is regularly monitored against data quality metrics. You will also be a key participant in data quality projects and initiatives. The Data Analyst will be expected to be an active participant in data quality projects from both a process and technology perspective and will work closely with his/her peers within the Data Quality organization and across Moody's Information Technology (MIT).
• Primarily work on adding instrument level identifiers like ISIN and CUSIP's to rated instruments and organization level identifiers like LEI's to organizations
• Measure and report to management on the progress of data quality improvement.
• Perform data profiling and analysis of data quality against data quality metrics.
• Review integrity of data, both referential and historical.
• Monitor compliance of information flows and data stores against data quality standards.
• Support activities related to Master Data Management System including data lineage, data accuracy, updates etc.
• Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
• Work with multiple teams to make corrections and updates as needed to ensure accuracy of data.
• Actively participate as a member of a team, providing support to team members and fostering a team environment.
• Cross- train to perform other related business unit tasks.
• Master's degree or equivalent experience.
• 0-2 years of experience in data analysis/ Financial Services will be preferred with good understanding of Fixed Income Markets and Products.
• Good knowledge of reference data / identifiers (ISIN, CUSIP's, LEI's, BIC etc)
• Knowledge of SQL, MS Access, ETL/Pentaho, R, Python will be preferred.
• Attention to detail and results orientated.
• Must be a good team player and can work in tight deadlines
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
|Employer||Moody's Investors Service|