Moody's has an immediate opening for an attorney to work within the IP, Technology and Contracts Group of Moody's Legal Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating, drafting, and counseling business clients regarding different types of procurement agreements, including professional services, training and consulting engagements, staff augmentation agreements, data licenses, software (and SaaS) agreements, hardware purchase agreements, data transfer agreements, data center agreements, and a variety of other general commercial contracts.
The successful candidate may assist in providing advice to business clients on Internet-related legal issues including cloud computing issues, copyright and fair use issues, online user agreements, social media, and e-commerce. Some familiarity with international data privacy and security laws in the context of commercial agreements is desirable. The candidate may also assist with M&A transactions from an IP, technology and contracts perspective.
Experience managing multiple deals and other tasks simultaneously is essential.
• Negotiating and drafting data and software licenses, cloud computing agreements, data center agreements, SaaS agreements, and hardware purchase agreements with vendors
• Providing pre-litigation legal support regarding commercial contract disputes, including arising from vendor audits, conducting investigations as necessary
• Managing outside counsel where support is needed on the foregoing issues
• 5+ years of experience negotiating complex technology and IP transactions, at least 2 of which spent in-house for US-headquartered company(ies) required
• Experience supporting US-based clients and negotiations
• Experience working at or with a regulated entity would be useful
• Experience working in fast-paced environment would be useful
• Experience working in an international multi-lingual environment would be useful
• Graduate of a top law school, licensed and in good standing
• Able to operate independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication, administration, project management and document management skills
• Able to operate effectively while working remotely and collaboratively work with an international team and manager
• Positive, execution-oriented outlook, with superior listening and drafting skills and attention to detail
• Flexible approach: business minded, but understands fully legal and regulatory risks and ensures matters operated within acceptable boundaries
• Able to present a positive image of Legal Department
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
|Employer||Moody's Investors Service|