- Position objective is to provide leadership on consolidated P&L planning, reporting and analysis and efficiency projects.
- Successful candidate will manage and complement existing team to provide insightful and timely reporting and analysis to support senior management decision making
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
- Coordinate and consolidate the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and strategic plans as well as developing related analysis
- Manage cash flow planning and Board-level reporting to capture business, capital and strategic initiatives e.g. acquisition and scenario modeling
- Manage periodic P&L actual/budget/forecast variance analysis during the monthly/quarterly close processes and act on results to assist in effective business management
- Support public/external/earning release process
- Oversee forecast modeling, accounting accruals and reporting for incentive programs
- Develop executive presentations used for business updates to both the senior management team and key business partners across MCO
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
- Work closely with the senior management team on long-term strategies and profit goals through the development and implementation of financial and strategic planning
- Work with the accounting teams to ensure integrity of management accounts
- Ensure close coordination across several different lines of business and shared services, tax, treasury and other finance stakeholders across levels and divisions
- Interaction with various business and staff functions, senior business management, and executive management.
- Able to work both independently as well as part of a team and giving instruction to analyst(s)
- Manage direct report(s) to deliver on stated objectives
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility, raises concerns to the appropriate level of management and keeps management informed of activities
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline
- 7+ years of experience in financial planning / business performance analytics role
- Strong interpersonal skills to elicit pertinent information from stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in using business intelligent tools, planning systems and financial modelling; ability to utilize systems functionality, extract data and manipulate to support reporting and planning processes
- Proven ability to influence and enhance processes across business lines
- Experience leading, supervising and mentoring analysts
- Proven ability to manage projects including:
- Strategic planning processes
- Larger projects involving project teams (who are not direct reports) and steering committees
- Experience presenting in executive-level management meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience preparing executive-level presentations
- Comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, ability to leverage data to inform business decisions
- Operates with a sense of urgency, ability to work under tight and sometimes competing priorities
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
to view our full EEO policy statement.
for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.