About the Role
This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of a significant part of the ratings value stream for Moody's Investor Services (MIS) product portfolio. The successful candidate will have a solid technical background, with a demonstrated record of product management an agile operating model. This person will help define vision while also being a pragmatic, detailed-oriented, and execution focused with the ability to build strong relationships across business leaders.
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy for part of the value stream in the overall MIS product portfolio.
- Own a part of the overall MIS product roadmap and identify opportunities to grow products while maintaining fundamental business goals.
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to prototype to various levels of maturation.
- Partner with the Marketing teams to define and refine "go to market" strategy, pricing, promotion, and placement.
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with business partners across the company to help identify new product or solutions requirements.
- Able to participate at the Scrum team/squad level and write user stories, define success criteria incorporating stakeholder and customer feedback.
- Proactively identifying meaningful process improvement opportunities where needed
- Lead the research of current and future products with respect to target market segments, latent needs, competitive landscape, customer ecosystem, and purchasing patterns.
- Assist with decision-making and sequencing with respect to key technological infrastructure implementation that will host new business epics.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that product architecture and development sprint and release planning meet corporate, operational, and customer goals.
- Primary responsibility, with appropriate stakeholder input, to build, prune, and maintain the product backlog, consisting mostly of user stories, but also defects, refactors and infrastructure work, prioritized based on user value, time dependencies, risk reduction and effort.
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks, leverage technology and reduce failure points in the product.
- Identify and mitigate risk and ensure controls are in place throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, industrial design, engineering or business. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in a highly digital environment driving delivery teams toward defined business outcomes.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- 7+ years building and delivering enterprise class products that delight customers.
- 7+ years of experience in technology development, including leadership role in large-scale environment.
- 7+ years working in lean and Agile development processes to develop and manage products and people through the entire product life cycle.
- Strong awareness of technology trends, influence and impact.
- Superior analytical skills, in both the quantitative and the qualitative aspects.
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting cross-functionally and across all levels.
- Ability to build and develop durable relationships across product teams, engineers, marketing, etc. to support research and strategy execution needs.
- Demonstrated experience with change management within an organization and continual challenging of the status quo.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
to view our full EEO policy statement.
for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.